6.13.2017

Dear China



Dear China,

How are you?
It's been 11 years since we met   
Oh, how much we've both changed since that jet-set

I've tried to escape my what-do-you-call-it heritage?
Oh, but Earth is such a stage
And I'm but a tiny player
Used to be a naysayer

Now, on a plane staring out the window
I see these ah yis & shushus pointing here,
"Look!" they seem to be saying  
"Before this view disappears"

Oh, what a shame it would be
If I don't see
What could be
When the mind is free

*Written on 18/5/17 12:36pm. At Hong Kong airport, waiting to board the next flight to Taiwan. First poem of 2017 (!)
Thankful for the chance to get to spend 1/3 of the year in China, and being left pleasantly surprised (most of the time).
Haven't updated this space in forever... Been pretty busy, which I like. Will update with more visuals soon :')

No comments:

Post a Comment