5.25.2020

Young

Once in a while, my dandelion tattoo pops up, serving as a timely reminder of why I got it –
to remind myself of how fleeting youth is.

What makes someone young
Perhaps its having no need to belong 

Could it be curious eyes 
With no intention for lies 

Or maybe it's contagious laughter
So highly sought after 

A light that never goes out 
While love is learning to sprout 

Brave, reckless movements
On unknown pavements

What does it mean to be young?
A question left on my tongue 


*Inspired by numerous songs & books about being "young" that got me thinking. Also, just yesterday it was my first time watching a film outdoors (namely while you're young) and it was a splendid experience. Special thanks goes to "in the aeroplane over the sea" by Neutral Milk Hotel.
//
Wow, I wrote that when I was 21. Chanced upon this when I was cleaning up space in my Macbook. 
Where has all that time gone......


No comments:

Post a Comment